KONE – In skilled and reliable hands
The cooperation between Softability and KONE, which has lasted more than a decade, is based on trust, openness and high quality. Softability’s consultants work at KONE in various projects, especially with the software that moves the elevators. KONE’s Product Owner Alessio Calcagno emphasizes the high quality of the consultants’ expertise and their strong industry knowledge in industrial equipment manufacturing.
Softability’s consultants have worked on KONE’s projects since 2010 – collaboration has spanned more than a decade.
According to Product Owner Alessio Calcagno from KONE, the long-term collaboration is based on trust, transparency, skilled consultants, and high quality. A team from Softability currently work with KONE in various different projects.
– I believe that transparency and communication along with good performance are the key factors to our longstanding collaboration.
Calcagno leads a team that works with the software that helps to keep lifts moving. Software designers who build the safety-critical integrated system must work with particular precision and comply with certain regulations.
Consultants meet high expectations
KONE works with many companies and just as working with Softability , good collaboration is based on openness, transparency, and high quality.
– When we work with Softability, you get what was promised. The consultants’ skills correspond to what was promised, which is not always the case.
Alessio has been particularly satisfied with Softability consultants’ high-quality skills.
– We have plenty of new products that we’ve developed together with specialists from Softability.
Alessio’s team includes Softability software developers with a range of backgrounds and qualifications. Skilled consultants have also acted in the role of Scrum Master. In addition to regular software development, other consultant tasks include:
- architecture design and maintenance
- software requirement specifications
- test planning and manual testing
Softability’s consultants have strong expertise in the field of industrial manufacturing, and over the years they’ve become familiar with many systems and processes – in part because they helped to develop them.
A consultant is a trusted part of the team
When Calcagno is asked what separates KONE’s employees from Softability’s consultants, he is quick to answer.
– Nothing at all. We’re all part of the same team. To me, Softability’s people are team members and any one of Softability’s consultants can take on any role as necessary.
There is no need to distinguish between consultants and KONE employees. The most important thing is that team members successfully integrate into the team, collaboration is successful, and for team members to treat one another with respect.
– It’s particularly important to me that everyone in our team gets along well with each other.
Close collaboration now and in the future
Calcagno believes it is crucial for collaboration that the subcontracted company stays regularly in touch to show that they are available. The use of consultants in projects has provided KONE with a certain kind of flexibility.
– If we need someone for a task quickly, it’s often easy to get someone, for example, from Softability, says Calcagno.
The lift industry is continuously developing and is continuing to move towards ever-smarter systems. Lifts are largely mechanical devices, although the role of technology and software is increasing across the industry. For that, we need skilled software developers who are familiar with the industry and the value chain.
All in all, Calcagno is satisfied with the workers from Softability, who carry out high-quality work and have integrated well into the team.
KONE’s mission is to improve the flow of urban life. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, KONE provides elevators, escalators, and automatic building doors, as well as solutions for maintenance and modernization to add value to buildings throughout their life cycle. In 2022, KONE had annual sales of EUR 10.9 billion, and at the end of the year over 60,000 employees.
Would you like talented consultants on your team?
Get in touch to find out more!
KONE news reference softability software development